During the colder Brookfield months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Central Air LLC will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Central Air LLC right away if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be inspected by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Central Air LLC can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Central Air LLC at 203-357-5913 or book an appointment with us online.