Having standard air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Brookfield season, have the specialists at Central Air LLC conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for proper airflow in the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We advise looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Central Air LLC today at 203-357-5913.