Summer and comfort go well together, but when you’re dealing with an air conditioner that isn’t providing you with the comfort you desire, you may need to ponder air conditioner replacement. Take a few moments and think about this scenario: it’s only a few weeks in to the summer and you’re enjoying an easy day at home. As lunchtime nears, you realize that it’s beginning to feel awfully warm inside. You check the thermostat and all looks to be well with the settings, but the temperature reads 85 degrees.
It’s a possibility that you rode it out as much as you could, but now it’s time to call in an expert and discover what’s wrong. So what does that mean for you as a homeowner? Well, there are a number of reasons that you might be facing air conditioner replacement. And considering the weather in Brookfield, you don’t want to be left without what may be the single most substantial piece of home comfort equipment you own.
Here are a few things you should be looking for if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Insufficient air flow. If you recognize a change in air flow, check for a blocked return-air or supply-air grille. Be sure all of these grilles are not covered by furniture or other items.
- Non-working outdoor fan. If you go outside to look at your air conditioner’s outdoor fan and it doesn’t run, you’ll want to give the experts at Central Air LLC in Brookfield a call. That fan is responsible for the transferring of heat from your home to the outdoors. If it doesn’t run, that heat transfer isn’t happening and can cause a variety of issues, including overheating of the compressor and other potential internal issues.
- Outside obstructions. If your air conditioner is currently circled by shrubbery or other potential obstructions, there could be a problem with enough air flow to the unit. Over time this could also mean that dirt and debris end up clogging your system and inhibiting its cooling abilities. Make certain your system is free from obstructions and is cleaned frequently to potentially decrease your chances of needing air conditioner replacement.
- Dirty filters. One of the most common concerns that Central Air LLC runs in to is improperly cared for filters. Dirty filters not only lessen airflow, they can also effect your system’s efficiency and can drive up your energy bills. They also affect air quality and when allergy season is in full-swing, a dirty filter can have a great impact on your home comfort.
If you have checked all of these and your air conditioner still isn’t operating, follow these step-by-step instructions, only proceeding to the next step if the system doesn’t start.
- Check that the thermostat temperature set-point is set below indoor temperature, and the system switch is in the COOL position.
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch "on"?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply "on"?
- Check the house fuse box/breaker box for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
- If the system still does not operate, call Central Air LLC at 203-357-5913.
Having a non-working air conditioner and dealing with air conditioner replacement doesn’t have to be a headache. Sure, your system may not be working , but that’s why the staff at Central Air LLC in Brookfield is here to help. Give us a call at 203-357-5913.