With warmer temps close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at peak efficiency, it can save a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could drastically raise your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Central Air LLC expert perform air conditioning service
at least each year is key to keeping your system working efficiently for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is working properly and can identify possible issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might hurt your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or having home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at Central Air LLC a call at 203-357-5913.