Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Brookfield during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Central Air LLC will constantly be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Central Air LLC at 203-357-5913 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.