Whether you like winter or favor the warmer months in Brookfield, a lot of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a large impact on your utility costs, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Assess the weather stripping – After many years, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that should be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your home warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it needs to be switched out. We suggest at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can arrange temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have an acceptable amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring qualified technicians to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is working effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. An expert at Central Air LLC can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means a longer life for your HVAC system.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Central Air LLC in Brookfield a call to get started. Give us a shout at 203-357-5913 or arrange an appointment with us online.