Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Brookfield is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Central Air LLC constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. mow the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Central Air LLC in Brookfield at 203-357-5913 today.